miércoles, 11 de enero de 2017

A mermaid's memory of a lost sailor

Memory of a lost sailor:
By a Mermaid

Scarred the night skies are with misty tears
Whose shooting lights the darkness clear.
And as my eyes fade into the chasms,
I see a ship with butterflies instead of flags.

Let us be a ghost within a ghost1
And in that ghost the deliriums of opium smoke.
Pray! Listen to the singing of my silent voice
That haunts the tombs of long-dead fossils
Welcoming the arrival of castaway new cavemen.

Mountains of sand and volcanic rocks this place infest
And nobody knows when the woodland in fire was set.
The white stripped dome is being drowned by fog machines and fireflies
Blurring my vision of your ship fading away by the horizon sky.

No! Don’t sail away from this earthly “paradise”
Where no flowers grow, 
where no winds blow, 
where no water through the rivers flows!
Don’t disappear from my sight 
When the melodious swan 
who dwells in my mouth can make you mine! 


1. A direct allusion to O'Neill's "Long Day's Journey into Night" followed by a reworking of this same idea

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario